Sunday, August 10, 2014

Almost Normal - The World Goes On As You Sleep

If you didn't know it already, I was in a car wreck.  I did it all by me one-sy and the details can be found here.  I have found that over a week, your outlook changes a lot.  First, my world was rocked!  Nothing would be the same ever again.  Then, I was forced to rest my sore little body and I discovered that the world goes on around you as you sleep.  I have never been good at rest, so I then decided it was time to be almost normal again.  I have to say almost normal because I still tire so easily.  Buying peanut butter at the store one morning wore me plum out and I had to take a nap.  (ridiculous huh?  I need a power bar or something right?)

Anyway, I am slowly coming back into this world, the world that continues to rush by me as I rest.  I go back to work on Monday (light duty) and I realize that I have only two weeks left before I resign and begin to pack my bags for Mission work.  Life is full of surprises, but perhaps it is about time that I learn to rest.  Perhaps this accident is a good thing.  And perhaps it will help me end well here in the mountains of NC.

No comments:

Post a Comment