Saturday, October 5, 2013

Little Miracles

I thank God for little miracles in my life.  I was over-joyed to share the following with my community care pastor over email this morning:

xxxx,

I had a little miracle happen today.  :-)

I volunteer sometimes at an animal sanctuary and rescue for birds.  I went there this morning and ended up helping with the Red-Tailed Hawk.  She's a beautiful bird, but a dangerous one.  God made it as a hunter and a fighter.  Her sharp talons are for tearing flesh, and each claw can grasp with 20lbs of pressure.

We were putting her into a transport cage in the car when she suddenly turned and attempted an escape.  Mary Ellen (the expert) had her by a leather foot strap but nothing else.  She was flapping wildly and to help I tried to grab her too.  In my mad grab to pin the wings down, I ended up grasped by a talon, BUT it was so gentle.  Things were happening fast and wings were pounding and everything flailing, but my hand was protected.  What should have torn through flesh and muscle simply left a pin-prick of blood and zero pain.

I  don't know if God had His hand on mine, or if He told the bird not to squeeze, but either way, I PRAISE HIM!!!!
Just a thought for today,

Caroline R.


~Ps.  I think I will blog about this and share the Good News!


And thus, I shared with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment