Sunday, November 3, 2013

What Happened to October?

No, really...what happened?  One second it was September, and now it's dark at 5:30pm.  This is unacceptable!

I didn't mean to let so much time pass since my last blog.  I guess things have gotten away from me both at work and on the volunteer fronts.



First of all, I know you are dying to hear about scrubbing the tanks at the Aquarium in my official volunteer wet suit.  It didn't happen, but hey, the tank will just keep getting dirtier.  There is hope yet!

I did the color run 5k.  Have no idea what time we made because I was too excited to get pummeled with color to remember anything else.  I have to thank epic blue man for the nice starting line photo.



On completely unrelated notes:
1).  My pirate costume for Trick or Treat Under the Sea at the Aquarium was a hit...but it also forced me to get dinner from the drive-thru of (don't judge me) taco bell.  Yikes, ya know...you get cravings sometimes.
2). I went on my first road trip where I learned valuable lessons about gas consumption, attentiveness to the road, and how to speed without speeding.  This trip involved hiking, apple picking and eating Ethiopian food.
3). I am starting the Job search since my contract ends in 2 months.  I do have the ability to extend bi-weekly after that point until I get a job.  Applying currently to a few different things, the most exciting being a educational animal curator in the Sonoran Desert.
4).  Because the Desert Job requires more raptor experience, my boss at the shelter gave me some raptor training training.  Ha ha.


Who is schooling who?

2 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to do the Color run! Looks like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun! This particular one was called "Color me RAD", they were very organized and gave away a lot of free stuff before the run. Great race promoters and awesome at making you forget that you are exercising! :-)

      Delete