Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Not Ready to Go

Once again, I find myself in the position of leaving. And I feel that the more I do it, the harder it is. How many people can you love, and then say goodbye to before losing so many little pieces of your heart that you just can't anymore?

I knew it was a short term gig once again and I still chose to love. I still invested, and I wouldn't change it for the world. I have had mother's, sisters, crazy uncles, grandpas, and more! I have had so many people love me and become my family over this past year, and that is what makes it so sweet but so hard.

A.A. Milne wrote, "How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard". And it is beyond true for me. I had tears as I hugged my bluegrass band mama, my morning run sister, my pastor, and soon to be more! When asked if I am ready to leave, my "no" is only half due to the fact that I haven't packed a single box from my cabin...But more to the idea that my heart hurts. But...

How lucky I am to have all these people who make saying goodbye so hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment