Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Barbeque and a Rocking Chair

Soooo..... I have been absent for a couple months, mainly because I still haven't managed the balance required to work, school, and life here in Hickory...

Well, I shouldn't say "here" in Hickory because at the moment, I am actually in Charlotte International Airport. That's right, I am off to foreign lands with my graduate program for the final time. Guyana is the designation and I am 90% sure that I am going to miss my layover flight due to delays. The good news however is that this afforded me the chance to eat dinner. I got a to-do BBQ plate (pork, okra, mac...the works) and sat in a little white rocking chair. And I breathed.

This is perhaps the first time in a long time that o really breathed. It's the first time that there wasn't some looking deadline, or emergency, or million things to do. Oh yes, I can find plenty to do... But it was nice to just sit for a moment. I don't even know if I know how to function like that.

Life had been more than busy, and between a sick dog, late school assignments, un-expected schedule changes at work, and the usual upkeep in life... I didn't, I couldn't, I wouldn't even try to find rest.

But this week coming up will be either extremely liberating or extremely trying! I will be in the middle of the rainforest where the norms of life just have to take a break. I don't know if I am ready, but I don't know if I have a choice. So, I will rock here in this chair just a little longer...haha

No comments:

Post a Comment