Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Thoughts and Ramblings

So...if you get the time.  I think it would be good to give this blog a read:  http://storylineblog.com/2013/04/16/when-you-feel-behind/

It is a good one for just figuring that it's okay to not feel like you are excelling.  When I think of me, I think about my fear of commitment.  I think of how I somehow managed to sign another one year teaching contract in order to avoid committing to a long term project. (1)  And I think of how I want whatever God has planned for me next, to be a less than 2 year commitment.

But, with all this awesome commitment avoidance, I lose the opportunity for career advancement, for forming lasting friendships, and for truly feeling at home.  It's as if for the sake of adventure I sacrifice familiarity.  And that can be a very lonely place.

Anyway, when I stumbled upon the above blog, it kinda reminded me to be more confident in myself.  I don't need to compare myself to others, nor do I need to worry about what others necessarily think of me.  In theory, God is the only one I really need to please. (2)  And most importantly the article pointed out that we are all on the same team.  So we should start acting like it (in the words of Kid President).

Thanks folks for listening to my rambling.  I love the support that I get through your thoughts and prayers.  We have a busy next couple weeks, i.e. six school groups coming in over a two week span in addition to curriculum overhaul, and the general facility maintenance  (3)  

One one last note.  I joined in the ministry Common Threads yesterday.  The women of the church sewed 70 pillow cases to donate to hospice.  I loved getting to work with a sewing machine again...especially for a good cause.  A good Singer Machine is like a power tool for women.  :-P

(1) Which is odd because the definitive statement that I declared often in University was that I would most surely never ever be a teacher....haha

(2)  Though I like to make mommy and daddy happy too.  Cuz...you know...I love them and all...

(3)  We just released our two Red Eared Sliders into the wild and spent the entire day cleaning the tank...which involved some heavy lifting and lots of smelly stuff.  Whew...I am so exhausted I don't even think I can paint tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment