Friday, April 5, 2013

Like an Arrow

My old Co-Teacher would repeat the same phrase to me time and time again the weeks leading up to my leaving Korea.  He would say, "Time flies like an Arrow."  Having tried archery a few time with my father, I get the expression.  You take a lot of time to aim that arrow...seemingly holding your breath, lining it up, then as soon as you loose it...."TWAP!" it's already in the target.  And you are like O.o!

That's how the last few weeks have been.  With Alesha counting down days to the wedding, it's easy to see the time fly "like and arrow".  One day she says, "100 days till the wedding..." Then yesterday shes say, "86"...And my thought is, where did those 14 days go?  That's two weeks that I can barely account for!

I know for sure that I bought a car in that time. I know for sure that I flew a plane.  I know for sure that I dog-sat again.  I know for sure that I planted strawberries and cilantro.  I know for sure that I am finally learning to rest, to be fully present in the moment, and to be content.  And I know that these last few days have been difficult for me.  I am trying to remember my boundaries, and I am trying to speak confidence over myself.  The devil sometimes tries to sneak into your mind and lie to you about who you are.  But, I am having none of that nonsense.

As time flies, I need to still focus on what I have in the now.  It's so easy to look forward to what can be, and miss what I have here.  But what I have here is so great!  Let's always enjoy the present.

So without further ado:  I know that people want photos so, here you go!  I hope you like them!  :-) 

Car named Abundance (Because God provides abundantly)
Probably the nicest thing I have ever owned.
I got me an Impala!
It's hard to pilot, you have a lot to think about!

Not a bad lesson at all...might try again someday.

The plane I flew!

My Strawberries!

No comments:

Post a Comment