Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Busy Busy Birthday Bee

WOW!  I didn't think I would be as busy as I have been here.  We have had quite a few groups come in (more 4th graders) but they have been much better behaved.  The lesson flows better now that I have edited too.  I teach it again this Friday, so wish me luck.  :-P

I have also just paid the cash for my new car.  It's a 2007 Chevy Impala...and it opens up so many opportunities for me....namely going to church.  I believe that I am staying at the Methodist Church.  I have contacted them about joining a small group that meets once a month to fund-raise for missions.

Anyway, I am waiting on the paperwork for the car.  And then it will be mine all mine!  MWA HA HA HA! Once I own it, I will take some photos for you guys.

In addition to being busy, I just had a birthday.  It's my second 24th birthday!  (It sounds odd, but my 23rd was skipped in Korea.  They actually counted me as already being 23 when I came to Korea because you have to count the time you were in the womb.  With that said, my 23rd B-day was deemed me turning 24.... And thus, I am having my second 24th birthday now that I am living in America).  CONFUSING RIGHT!!! :-P

My big brother traveled all the way down here from Maryland to spend my birthday with me.  IT WAS AWESOME!  I don't think he knows how much it means to me.  I would have hated to spend yet another birthday without family.  The last 5 were that way.


Anyway, he arrived bearing gifts from the family including delicious homemade jerky and cookies.  I can wait to dig into those.  YUM!  Then I showed him the fort and batteries here.  Afterwards we went into town and toured around a bit...then had sushi!  YES!  After that it was on to the nearest big city, Wilmington.  The downtown is historic yet still has the feel of a legitimate city.  I loved it.  I miss the city life...the food and the things to do.  Anyway, we ate at what has to equate to a 5 start restaurant   I mean the waiters had bow-ties and the food was too pretty to eat, until you tasted it.  Then you couldn't stop. Ha ha.  We did a historic ghost tour that night  and then turned in.

Our Humorous Tour Guide for the Ghost Tour

The next day we toured the battleship USS North Carolina and spent the rest of the day eating and window-shopping.  I couldn't have pictured a better way to spend the weekend.

Wandering around the 9 decks of the USS NC

No comments:

Post a Comment