Saturday, June 8, 2013

Summer Changes Things...

With the arrival of 70 some new staff members for the summer, life has been a little different.  I do enjoy the company of new people to pass the time with, but alas, I find that I have become a sleepy old woman during the winter months...haha.  I do like my quiet time.  :-P

At work we have been busily disassembling shelves, building new shelves, painting, and moving things in preparation for the busy summer that is fast approaching.  Camps start on Monday.  AHHH!  And the lesson I developed on bio-accumulation is finished and ready for testing on the youth who are coming in the next few weeks.  I hope the lesson works, it's a game with a little more math than I personally like..but it's a good thing to learn.

Also, I am now the proud foster mommy to a little ugly bird I named Henry.  He must have gotten blown out of his nest during the tropical storm we had this weekend.  Anyway, the poor thing is still half naked so I thought I would help.  I have been feeding him a paste made from crushed insect meal/vitamins and water with a pipette.  And he greedily accepts it.  I wasn't a fan of getting pooped on during the 3am feeding, but I will take that as a sign of health.  When Monday rolls around I will get him to a bird rehabilitatior, because I have no intention of teaching him how to fly...haha.

Sleepy Henry!
With all that said, I think it's about time for me to go trail riding on the bike again.  Wish me luck because I am pretty sure that I will try the copperhead trail again... :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment