Sunday, September 8, 2013

Where to start...

I don't quite know where to start and what to say.  There has been quite a bit on my mind.  Maybe I will just throw them out in bullet points because it is easier to read than my mental spewing that would cover you with paragraphs.

  • I smelled fall in America for the first time in FOREVER!!!  Asian fall smells different and I truly missed the smell of this country in Sept.
  • I bravely took apart my bike to fix the tire which afforded me the chance to go riding at the nature park again.  It went about the same as last time...complete with tree hitting.  (For last time's account see Bike Adventure)
  • I am attempting to shake off what is called the poverty mentality.  It means I always feel in lack...but God has been so good in His provision.  I mean SO GOOD!  I am surprised at all He has done in these past few weeks.
  • I have finally started in the Aquariology dept. full swing at the Aquarium, which means a lot of food prep and poo cleaning.  Not all the glory that it seemed....BUT I still love it because I work with the seahorse babies!  AHHHH SO CUTE!!!!
  • Though I skipped out this week, last week at the Bird Shelter, we released an Egret that we were rehabbing after he was hit by a car.  It was great to see him all better and flying off into the marsh.
  • Had my first art class with acrylic paints....and loved it!  Hint hint hint for the Christmas gifts...art classes would be great.  :-P
  • Lastly, made friends with Fred and Tim (the old crusty fishermen on the pier) and they showed me how to filet fish and kept giving me freebies.  

No comments:

Post a Comment