Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Advice Not Afffirmation

I came under the realization after training camp that I feign confidence while seeking affirmation.  I so want to be told that I am doing the right thing (because I am so often unsure if I am or not), that I keep throwing it out there until someone agrees with it.  But is it not much more effective to just be honest and ask for advice if I am uncertain?  This is something I hope to work on while I am on the field.  Also perhaps, I need to work on being more confident in my decisions in the first place.  BUT, such is life.

I am packing everything up over the next couple days, and saying my awkward goodbyes to everyone here in the mountains.  I have arranged to visit family for a few days, and then I am off to Haiti probably the 8th or 9th of Sept.  Depending on the time I have over the next few days, I may not write again until Haiti.  But then again, I may.  {Uncertain much? :-) Exceedingly and Always.}

Anyway, my amazing mother has offered to drive the 9.5 hrs here to pick me up since my car is in pieces.  She is coming on Saturday.  That is 3 days away!  It is weird how fast time flies.  I feel like I just moved here.  And imagine what a month will feel like as it passes in Haiti, and Bolivia, and Thailand.  Next thing you know, I will be back in America in GradSchool.  SLOW DOWN LIFE!

More information on the mission work I will be doing in Haiti can be found on my mission blog at http://carolineritchey.theworldrace.org/?filename=my-placement-for-haiti


No comments:

Post a Comment