Monday, May 25, 2015

Images from X-Life

Below I have put a photo blog from my time in a Karen Hilltribe Village.  The family stole my heart, and I wish to never forget them.  I pray we were at least 1/2 the blessing to them, that they were to us.  Enjoy the photos, and check out my mission blog for more on the village.

OUR LITTLE FARM HOUSE

ONE OF MANY OF THE WALKS WE TOOK

RICE FIELDS FOR DAYS

SWEEPING AWAY THE BUG WINGS EVERY MORNING

PLANTING YAMS WITH OUR HOUSE DAD

OUR LITTLE 4-DAY-OLD PIGLETS

SHELLING PEANUTS TO PLANT

Also, we learned a Karen recipe when we were helping cook one night.  I put it below since everyone needs to know it.  It is quite delicious.

PORK SQUASH SOUP

Heat oil and garlic in a pot.
Add chopped pork and brown.
Add squash cut small and mix.
Add water to make it soup (keep some on hand for evaporation)
Add salt and bouillon to taste.
Let cook for 20mins or until squash is soft. (covered)
Add Yellow Curry toward the end.
Serve with rice. (wild rice is most similar to Karen Rice)

No comments:

Post a Comment