Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Christmas Cooking

I am no food blogger. Though I secretly wish I could cook, eat, and get paid for it. Or better yet, travel and eat. But alas, it probably doesn't work that way anyway.

However, I have been cooking and eating recently... And paying for it in pounds...haha. I need to make a resolution this new year, but that's another story.

Baking had been good since if we #bakeitforward on social media, Food Network donates a dollar to No Kid Hungry. But this next little treat isn't baked. It is pan fried to perfection. Meet Caroline's first Ravioli:


With the help of the Ravioli cutter/squisher (or whatever that tool is called) I have to say that these were probably the tastiest and easiest things to make. The hardest thing was hand shredding the parm..but now I have extra arm muscles on that side.

Unfortunately, we don't have a recipe since my stepmom and I just love winging it in the kitchen. But this is what went in it: ricotta, mascarpone, parmesan, spiral ham my daddy slow cooked a couple days ago, spinach, black truffle salt. The dough is just water and flour, and I didn't see what went into the cream sauce other than heavy whipping cream and the nutmeg I ground to keep my arm muscles strong...haha.

But it was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment