Saturday, March 5, 2016

This Girl is on Fire!




 So I didn't get those photos from my co-worker from the training burn, but I actually risked taking my camera to our second fire as a team.  And I didn't drop it into oblivion so that is a plus.  

My team and I began the burn day by analyzing the burn site. We then set up the pump from the first photo in the creek and filled our ATV tank and Engine tank with water (Just in Case!)  Then we split the team and burned from two sides.

My fireline seen in photo 3 was bordering private logging land so we had to be extra careful.  I got a pretty good blaze going with a drip torch and backburned a good section of black to start with.
My teammate Mary Nell is showing you the drip torch in this photo.  

Overall we made some very happy trees and got rid of some things that don't belong there.  But we did have to rescue this little guy from the fire.  Luckily he only got a little warm and after I gave him some water he was good to go.


And that was a typical burn day. For more information about the benefits of a fire in this region check out: 

No comments:

Post a Comment