Monday, June 6, 2016

On the road again...well, the air that is...

Somehow my two week field study in Mongolia has turned into an even greater adventure. I left work on the 3rd to drive to Savannah and enjoy an amazing weekend with family. And let me tell you, they spoiled me. I ate so much southern fare and seafood, stayed at the Weston (not bad considering the next three weeks on the floors in Asia), had couple tours, and even a hair treatment at the spa.

After the amazing weekend in Savannah with the folks and the dog, I made the long trek to Atlanta and was blessed to stay the night again at a place that has come to be known lovingly as La Porte. My missionary friends gave me a place to do laundry, shower, and sleep as well as a lot of laughter, food, and even a game of chess...though I lost big time...haha. One friend even better got up at 4:00am and dropped me off at the airport.

And the rest is history. I am typing this little note from the airplane...where I got sat in the economy plus seat with all the legroom (that's blessing #2246 on my thankfulness list.) And I am heading toward my one stopover before winding up in Korea for a few days.

Hoping it all goes this smoothly for the next few days. And I am grinning big. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment