Thursday, July 18, 2013

God Has Got The Future

Remember back in the day when I was learning about being fully present, understanding the power of the now, and being content where I am?  Then July came and I allowed myself to look forward and pick a job for when my contract ends in December.  At that point, I lost it ALL.  I was not content with the now while I was looking forward.  And that was not good.

So, as irresponsible as it seems, I have stopped the job search for now.  No one is hiring this far out anyway.  And it is imperative that I learn the lessons of this season.  If I don’t, one of two things will happen.  I will have this season extended or I will pollute my next season with the struggles of this one.  And I think it is now or never for learning contentment.


I have gotten myself plugged in even further.  In addition to the wildlife sanctuary, I picked up a volunteer job at the aquarium.  I start this Sunday after church.  I also and going to work with the Sea Turtle Watch program to help them “nest sit”.  Keeping busy, as tired as it makes me (fell asleep at my computer yesterday at work while reading about coral), makes me happy.  I am very excited about working at the aquarium.  I feel a sense of accomplishment and confidence in working at the wildlife shelter.  And who knows what I can learn from the Sea Turtle Watch?

One more thing to focus on in the present.  I have my first two actual art commissions.  It's a little nerve-wracking because I have never had to paint per someone's request before.  I want to make it perfect.  But, in reality, it is art...  Anyway, I am working on those as well.  I am in some exciting times right now.

As for the future, let’s not worry about it.  Let’s think more about the present because that is where we are.  God has got the future.

I fed the goofballs one morning last week.  I love these crazy birds!

No comments:

Post a Comment