Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Work and well....work

So, in addition to work I have decided to pick up a couple volunteer jobs.  One is at the Seabiscuit Wildlife Rehab for birds.  And the other is at the NC Aquarium.  I like the call the aquarium my "testing the waters" experience to see if I like working indoors with wildlife.  "testing the waters"...te he...  Anyway, I go there on Sunday for my orientation.

The bird Rehab has been great.  Here is an status that followed my first day there:

"5:50am - Wake up and grab fishing gear.
6:20am - Pray for Fish
6:30am - Two croakers in my bucket.
7:30am - Giving the fish the mom arm in morning traffic
8:30am - Feed Fish to Pelican in Rehab
9:00am - Wrassel a loon outta a babypool
10:00am - Work Church Bake Sale smelling like loony-fish

I do love days like this!"

I assume that everyday will be this fun at the rehab place.  And so far it has proved itself to be so.  I have gotten to assist in a medical exam of a crow, and feed the babies.  I was feeding some baby birds blueberries and mealworms with tweezers when all of a sudden a mockingbird came out of a tree and sat on my hand...then just helped himself to what was in my bowl.  I FELT LIKE SNOW WHITE!  BWA HA HA!  The wildlife all coming to me...

Anyway.  IN ADDITION to my work and my new volunteer work, I am looking for my next job.  July has arrived, which was the time I was going to start job searching.  And as it turns out, I have a problem.  I just want to do everything.  I want to do an Americorps program and Gradschool...but I can't do them both at the same time.  It turns out that I can get everything I want if only I am patient.  OH BOY!  That is the hard part.  Pray for me as I look into this further.

No comments:

Post a Comment