Tuesday, July 2, 2013

THE WEDDING and other random stuff...

So the big thing is the wedding...you know the one that I was the bridesmaid in.  Yeah, let's not mince words...here are the photos.


You know from my previous post that I liked my dress...so I took the opportunity to post a twirly photo.

The whole thing happened at a lake house where I did A LOT of kayak when I wasn't doing my weddingly duties.  And I mean A LOT of kayak.  A friend of mine and I paddled 4 miles to dock at a restaurant for lunch, then 4 miles back.  I want to tell the story to my grandkids, "Back in my day you had to kayak 8 miles for a salad...so don't be lazy you young wipper-snapper!"


Anyway, with the bride and groom heading off into the distance on a boat that said, "Just Married", I felt the need to leave the lake house and go sleep in my own bed.

Highlights of the last few weeks:  I have begun working on another field guide at work, begun working on a puzzle at home, was a bridesmaid, drove the farthest I have ever driven, and almost set the bed on fire.  Yes, you read that right.  It turns out that doing your nails by candle-light is not relaxing.  Its hazardous and dumb.  There was a tiny voice in the back of my head that said, "hey acetone and flame is a bad idea."  Unfortunately I seldom listen to that voice.  After I beat the flames out with my bath towel that tiny voice proceeded to say,"I told you so."  Now you see why I don't listen to that smug little voice.  :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment