Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Feb...

Hard to believe we are already into February, and enough into it to have a school group within the next two weeks.  I don't remember having school groups come so early last year.

We have a new intern working here now too.  I am happy about it.  She is very sweet and fun to talk to, and it's good to have another person in the building.  We are heading to my favorite cafe for dinner tonight before my choir practice.

So...the brief update on life:

  • I might be running in the Polar Bear Run/Plunge again this year, but I will be doing the 5k with my team from the Aquarium.  (what this looks like:  starting the run with them and finishing 10mins later..haha)
  • The run is on the 22nd though so I better hurry up and train...
  • I had my interview with the World Race on the phone yesterday.  May that door be open or closed as God sees fit.
  • And learning to be fully present in the moments of now rather than stressing about the future.
Hope you all are well. I know it has been a long time since I gave you an interesting or funny story so you can read this if you would like....from my old blog.  :-P  Hows that for "blast from the past"?

Though I did have one run-in with a toilet.  There it was, western style seating (yes!!!!!) but maybe about 8 buttons all in Hangul.  I figured that I would find the flushing one before I did any business...just in case I did somehing stupid. (good idea!).  So I stand slighty to the side of it and hit a few buttons.  At first nothing happened.  Then it made a noise, a little nozzle popped out of the back, and started shooting a pretty intense stream of water against the stall door.  I was pressed up against the wall going...OH MY GOSH!!!!  Trying not to get sprayed.  I finally figured out how to turn it off...which was not the same button as on (which would have made life easier).  I left the stall with the decent sized puddle in search for a "dumber" toilet.

No comments:

Post a Comment