Wednesday, November 7, 2012

*Home~Sweet~Home*

Making Pies with the Pumpkin from the Garden
Being back home is nice once I learned to rest.  I listened to a good podcast from my Korean Church.  It was called, "The Key to this Season."  What I got from it for me is, the key to this season is relationship.  This is growing in God and loving the people around me.

I guess I just fail at resting.  Personally, I always have to be doing something productive or I freak out.  BUT, rest doesn't mean not doing anything.  Rest doesn't mean being unproductive.  Rest is just a different form of productivity.


My mother and I were talking the other day and we both built this analogy that I really think is from God.  When I went to Korea, I was just a little sapling.  The hard winds battered me about, and the hot sun shown down on me heavily.  Life was hard.  But that adversity made me grow.  A LOT.  My bark soon protected me from the wind, and the sun made my leaves flourish.  I grew in such a short time from a sapling into a great tree.


Now that I am back home, my growing feels like it has stopped.  At first I didn't know how to handle this.  But I was reminded that I am not in the adversity which grew me upward.  I am in this season of rest.  This is not the time for growing up, but for growing in.  This is a season for building sap.  Storing the good things of God deep within me so that I can face the next harsh season.  Who knows what season is coming; a hard winter, a drought?  I don't know, and for that I am thankful for this season of rest to grow and store what I need for the next season.

On a more practical note, I have purchased my airfare to go to my new job this coming January.  A good deal came that I couldn't pass up.  So, even though I haven't signed the contract yet, it looks like I am heading to North Carolina after the holidays.  Also, I have been the baking queen these past few days.  I guess that's the part of me that missed an oven this past year.  Also the part of me that has to be productive...  :-P  Oh well...I am trying to rest, with pie.  :-)

Pumpkin Lemon Glazed Delights

No comments:

Post a Comment