Thursday, May 22, 2014

Faithfulness

So...just a quick story.

On payday this week I did some math.  Paycheck - rent - gas money - insurance - tithe - savings - internet/phone = $4 Hmmm....I don't like that.  Then I thought about where I could skimp on spending, I didn't even plan to buy groceries out of this paycheck, so perhaps the savings.  Then, it was brought to my attention that perhaps I should skip paying tithe this check.  I mean, I am going into full-time missions in September, and I surely have given enough offerings in the past.  But...that didn't settle well with me.

I wanted to give God my first-fruits and not my dregs.  So as soon as I saw the automatic deposit go in my account, I sent in my tithe.  I didn't want to be tempted to spend it elsewhere.

This morning as I called the car repair place (not in the budget), I was discouraged.  I felt lack, but God was working behind the scenes.  I walked down to the post-office which seems to be the rainy day people collection center.  Half of my small country town was in that little double-wide trailer chitchatting and catching up.  One of the ladies that I love to talk with there greeted me and handed me something secretively.  She explained that she often gets these "epiphanies" and that last night when she laid down, she felt led to give this to me.  I slipped it into my pocket, thanked her and chatted about making chicken pie, and the weather, and the garden, then headed home.

When I got home, I pulled it out of my pocket, and it was basically the same amount of money I just sent in for tithe.  I was blown away, God provides, and I don't know why I still get surprised by it.  But, I wanted to share about his uncanny faithfulness!

No comments:

Post a Comment