Thursday, June 5, 2014

Life in the Passenger Seat

This title of course is metaphorical since I drove my own car...but you get the idea.  I didn't take the lead on this last trip.  I am a super planner, so it was a novel idea (laced with laziness/exhaustion) that lead to the adventures of my weekend with friends. 

My dear friend Eliza is very "go-with-the-flow" and I am "CRAZY PLANNER LADY" so when I told her, "I am coming for one day and one night...you figure out what we are doing..." she probably thought that I had been abducted by aliens and replaced with someone much more chill.

But she came through :-) and had fun! (as did I)

After far too long on the Blue Ridge Parkway, and a dirt road, and the middle of nowhere, I met Eliza at a geyser built as a civil war monument.  Andrew's geyser is off the beaten path....FAR OFF!  But it was a restful place to sit and chat with my dear friend that I haven't seen in a year.

We then went back on the Parkway to see a garden that God planted on the top of a mountain in the middle of a cloud.  And it was good.  This was followed by lunch on the porch of the cutest restaurant and tea on the floor cushions of a very culture tea house.  OH....that tea house was good!  Eliza....seriously I need those photos!  :-)

Anyway, I got to play with my camera a bit at the park so here are the results:




FYI about this video.  I didn't really almost die (just had to say that because my mom might actually watch it.)  I simply drove a little too fast on a gravel road and the car didn't go where I wanted it too.  And no butterflies were harmed in the making of this video either! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment