Monday, February 18, 2013

The Dress

Some of you may already know that I am a Bridesmaid in my Alesha's (My Friend/Co-worker) wedding.  Anyway, we had a brilliant day of dress shopping (and eating) and this is what I ended up buying.



I feel like a Forest Fairy Princess
With a Bow...





The Back
So, in addition to buying the dress we went to Michael's for art supplies, and the Mellow Mushroom for a delicious pizza dinner.

I surely do enjoy my times out in the city. And I am hoping for the car soon so that it can happen more.

So you know how I am biking to churches while trying to find the one for me.  Anyway, it was really cold here so I decided to call a cab just this once.  The driver was on the phone half the ride complaining about being in pain.  Then she hung up and explained to me that she was in pain because she crashed yesterday.  (Gulp...buckle seat belt)...she tells me of hitting her ribs on the steering wheel and her lip on the dash.  I was thinking that the only way for that to happen is if you are not buckled.  Then I look at her...and once again she is not buckled.  Ummmm....you think she would have learned from yesterday...but I guess not.

I got to church safely....  Thank you Jesus.

That evening I was feeling very discouraged because I still hadn't found a church family.  But, I got to chat with my CC Pastor from Korea.  And she prayed over me, said great things, and encouraged me.
I wondered why I had to fight for a breakthrough right now.  Especially since I had received such a great one in Korea.  And she said, "Sometimes in the struggle, it is not even about the breakthrough, sometimes it is about the relationship."

So in this time of waiting (not staying...but preparation), I need to draw closer to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment