Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Thinking

So, I think that sometimes I over-think.

I was riding my bike home from the bible study at a church I am visiting and I was listening to a Podcast from my Korean Church.  It was about crossing the Jordan River.  Right before the Israelites crossed they paused because God had them be still for a moment.  Then they could enter the promise land.

I am attempting just to BE STILL.  I often force the puzzle pieces of life into spots where they don't belong...then I get frustrated when things don't work out.  As Alesha (my friend/co-worker) says, "User Error."

That was another thing covered in the Podcast.  The Israelites were told to have priests carry the Ark (containing God's presence) before them.  The Ark was the first thing to reach the river.  This is symbolic for us.  We need to be sure that we are following the presence of God to the river that leads to the promise land.  We can't just walk to any river and pray that God's presence shows up and parts the waters.  Then we feel all dejected when it doesn't happen.

So, I think I need to take a moment and not be so rushed to figure out my life right now.  I just need to Be Still.

I thought the water themed paintings would be appropriate.  :-)







No comments:

Post a Comment