Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Sickly!

So, I have been sickly for a week now. It started in with the throat hurting, then the voice sounding funny, and now it is up to coughing (which makes me look pitiful because it shakes my whole body), sneezing, runny nose, and fatigue.

But I will tell you all the crazy things I have done this past week....which is probably why I haven't gotten better yet.. (I am not good at resting...)

First of All, I kept going to work.  And in addition to our typical lesson planning (which is becoming more fervent as groups begin pouring in), we got on our wellies (rain boots) and headed out to explore a semi-salty pond here on the island.  The wellies I was wearing didn't go above my knees...but unfortunately the mud did...haha.  I stepped, a few times, into what we like to call, "sink holes to China".  Luckily I never got sucked in deeper than I could chameleon out.  You know chameleons right...those lizards that walk funny...that's how I was walking in the mud while taking PH, temp, and salinity readings.

Anyway, reason number two that I didn't heal was that I went for a run in the rain.  I ran a 5k actually, to raise money for the Special Olympics program.  My friend Laura came down for a visit and we woke up super early, caught the ferry over to Carolina Beach, and ran our 5k in the rain.  It poured like crazy in the middle of the run and I couldn't even see out of my glasses anymore.  But during that last leg (which was in the sand :-P ), Laura was there to cheer me on. :-)  She could cheer because she outran me, like a boss!

Our Tired Faces in the Rain

But despite the sickness, I feel really blessed.  I listened to an amazing podcast on Sunday, I went to pick up the bridesmaids dress with Alesha, which meant going to get wood-fired pizza and chocolate fondue, and lastly I got a care package from home.  It had fudge and scrapbooking stuff which is now all over my floor.  The scrapbooking stuff...not the fudge.  Te he he...

No comments:

Post a Comment