Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Back in NC

I found myself working up a sweat and possibly a frenzy trying to get into a CD case.  My dad gave me the David Crowder Band CD that I have been after (Give us Rest or a Requiem Mass in C [the happiest of all keys])…awesome Christmas gift. (The GPS from mom was an awesome one too…so I don’t drive like a loon when I read MapQuest directions/accidently change lanes).  BUT I digress.

This CD was a test of my will power and will possibly count as today’s workout.  First, there is a plastic wrap that is a pain to take off seeing how you can’t find the seam to open it.   Next you attempt to open the case which only seems to want to open on one side.  By the time you see the long sticker sealing the other end, you feel thoroughly foolish.  At this point you wonder why you bit all your nails off over the holiday as you pick incessantly at the corners of the sticker.  By the time you get an edge up, it breaks off in a little piece like poorly peeling sunburn.  About twelve little pieces in I am sure that I was red-faced and foaming at the mouth worse than if I had taken an Alka-Seltzer on Spirit Airlines (who charges 3 dollars for their water which I won’t buy on a matter of principle).

After I finally got the disk into my PC, I could sit down and blog.  Well, hello there!  It’s getting chilly here in NC and I found that now will be the best time to replace the plants that died over the holidays.  I needed to rescue a few from the clearance rack at Lowes lest they become frosted over tonight.  Below you can see the little guys settling into their new home.

Just got watered!

You should have known I would use a color filter...I love my fancy camera!
Since I got home at 1:45am this morning and was up for work all the same (Tank Feeds and Maintenance, Terrarium Rescue, and Recycling Pickup today), I am going to bid you a good evening whilst I slowly unpack/clean and hopefully consume Chocolate.  ‘Evening Folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment