Wednesday, January 1, 2014

My Holiday

So in addition to my possibly controversial post about what is going on with the world, I thought I would write one about what is going on strictly with me.

I spent a good deal of my holiday in Maryland with my father.  I enjoyed this and we had quite a few experiences.  Last night especially, we heard what sounded like screaming in the back yard.  Perhaps closest to this sound.  I think it might be a bob cat because dad said they are in the area...possibly a fox though.  Either way and eerie thing to hear with only a screened in porch between you and the source of the sound.

Also, my big fat kitten of 10 years passed.  I got him back towards the beginning of high school.  One night last week he was really wanting to cuddle.  So I let him up on the couch with me and we snuggled for perhaps an hour.  His ear was REALLY swollen and hot to the touch.  I had a really bad feeling about it but I knew there was nothing I could do at that time.  So I just loved on him and he purred loundly.  The next day he was found in his little cat bed looking as if asleep.  It was the best way for him to go and I was glad to be home for it.

As for my job hunt.  The Americorps program that was always plan A finally put their application online.  I am a little concerned about the application for this.  If I don't get hired, I am worried because plans B, C, D, E, and F don't look so promising.  Then again if I am hired, that moves GradSchool off another year.  So I just need to have faith that what is supposed to happen, will happen.

Heading up to Ohio, I get my first glimpse of snow this year.  So that makes my heart smile.  Hoping for the best this year, and having Faith that great things will come.  ~Caroline


No comments:

Post a Comment