Sunday, March 30, 2014

Busy, Snowy, Windy Days...

I have been busy working double shifts lately so as to learn both opening and closing protocol for the Animal Habitats.  So, I am sorry that I haven't gotten you any photos yet of the animals.  I have literally been working the whole time that the park is open, so there hasn't been time.  On my first actual shift day (Wednesday) I will go in a little before my closing shift and get some photos for you.  Until then you have to be content with a photo of me in my snow pants (amazing!  I didn't even lose feeling this time!)




Needless to say it has been a cold one!  Wind gusts up to 86mph on the mountain.  Highest gust today was recorded at 94mph.  There was one gust that actually blew me along a sheet of ice as if I was a sail boat. I just kinda slid forward toward the bear habitat. 

Moving is still under way because of the weather.  It's been hard to get it all straight...but it will work out.  I have tomorrow off finally so I can get my car looked at after the rough ride here, and also go to the eye doctor.  After that I will finish moving and be fully in my apartment.  Photos of that to come too!

In case you missed the facebook update about my critters here it is: 

"The cougars scared me at first....because Aspen the male growls when he eats. But they are sweet kittens in the mornings.

The bears still scare me though..haha. They are ALWAYS hungry and try to get their mouths a little too close for comfort when I open their feeding pens.

And the otters are adorable! :-) "

No comments:

Post a Comment