Thursday, March 6, 2014

You'd Think

You'd think that with a week of torrential wind and rain, I would be able to rest indoors.

You'd think wrong.

I spent a little bit of the only non-rainy day collecting Plankton Samples from the river.  But a little but is enough!  Just because it wasn't rainy doesn't mean it wasn't miserable.  My thermometer said -1.5 degrees (granted that was Celsius but still) and we must account for the wind.

Then I have been so busy out of work as well.  I had an interview for a summer position out in western Carolina.  And to cover all my bases I have been looking for an apartment out that way in case they say, "Hey come in the end of March".  I also have become an expert on hold-music.  I am a hold-music connoisseur actually.  I have been calling the loan companies about my deferments which leaves you on hold quite often.  I am deferring not only to pay my taxes. but....

duh duh duh....

I was offered the 11 month mission position.  After a lot of prayer and guidance from friends and family, I accepted.  You'd think that I would have started telling people right away....but you'd think wrong.  It's been a good week since I made it official.

As excited as I am, it still doesn't quite feel real.  I can't fathom what life will be like, I can't fathom the heat and red dirt of Africa, I can't fathom teaching and healing people, I can't fathom living on the floor out of a backpack with my team.  I just can't fathom it.

I have a feeling that others can't as well.  Many people say that I need a REAL job.  And it is true.  I need money.  I need to be an adult.  But I also need to heed the call of God.  I just KNOW in my soul that this is right.

I will let you all know as soon as I get my World Race blog set up.  Thank you for understanding, that this is something I have to do.  And let's rejoice together because I am expecting great things.

No comments:

Post a Comment