Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Head for the Hills!!!!

I couldn't resist a goofy title like that.  It is accurate though.  This time next week I will have moved to the mountains of western North Carolina.  It is all happening rather fast.

I was contacted by a nature conservancy offering me a position as a seasonal animal keeper.  I would be taking care of the river otters, american black bear, bald eagle, white-tailed deer, and bobcat.  In addition to typical habitat maintenance, feedings, and medications, I will be doing a few educational presentations with our ed animals (which include a squirrel, skunk, and snake...I know Dad would be happy about the snake.)

They need me there on Wednesday (March 26th) to start.  I have such a short time to wrap up my life here, but though it is coming quickly, the future is good!  This position finishes right before my mission starts, so I feel like God's hand is placing the puzzle pieces together.  And what's more, this future is better than anything I could have imagined or chosen for myself.  I am truly truly happy.

The next time I blog, I will be blogging from the hills!

2 comments:

  1. You have been a true blessing on Oak Island and especially at OVUMC. Wishing you all the best in your new venture and God's arms to hold you safe through your mission trip. Will continue to keep you in my prayers.
    Sarah Whitmer - Oak Island

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had an amazing experience here on the island and I am very grateful that God has brought me here. Thank you for your prayers!

      Delete